Did you know?
Certainly! “I’ll Remember You” is a song performed by Elvis Presley during his “Aloha from Hawaii Via Satellite” concert in 1973. Here are some details about the song and the performance:
- Concert Date: Elvis Presley’s “Aloha from Hawaii Via Satellite” concert took place on January 14, 1973. It was a historic event as it was broadcast live via satellite to over 40 countries, reaching an estimated 1.5 billion viewers, making it one of the most-watched television broadcasts of all time.
- Songwriter: “I’ll Remember You” was written by Kui Lee, a Hawaiian singer-songwriter. The song was originally written and recorded by Lee in the 1960s and later became one of Elvis Presley’s signature songs.
- Significance: Elvis’s performance of “I’ll Remember You” during the “Aloha from Hawaii” concert is particularly significant because it showcased his connection to Hawaii and its culture. The concert was a benefit for the Kui Lee Cancer Fund, honoring the songwriter, who had passed away from cancer.
- Arrangement: Elvis’s rendition of “I’ll Remember You” during the concert featured a beautiful and emotive arrangement, with his powerful vocals accompanied by a full orchestra.
- Album Release: The live version of “I’ll Remember You” from the “Aloha from Hawaii Via Satellite” concert was released as a single and later included on various Elvis Presley albums and compilations.
- Lyrics: The lyrics of “I’ll Remember You” express themes of love, longing, and farewell. Elvis’s heartfelt delivery of the song resonated with audiences worldwide.
- Legacy: Elvis Presley’s performance of “I’ll Remember You” during the “Aloha from Hawaii” concert remains a memorable and cherished moment in his career. It is often regarded as one of his most iconic live performances and is a testament to his enduring popularity.
This song, as performed by Elvis Presley in the context of the “Aloha from Hawaii” concert, holds a special place in the hearts of his fans and continues to be celebrated as a remarkable moment in music history.
- Classic Crooning: Decoding the Melodic Beauty of ‘My Girl’ by The Temptations
- Bee Gees’ Folk Symphony: Decoding the Charms of ‘Massachusetts’
- Aerosmith’s Emotional Journey: How ‘Sweet Emotion’ Transcended the Charts
- Love in Every Note: Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell’s Timeless ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’
- Colorful Chronicles: Unveiling the Quirky Tale of Culture Club’s ‘Karma Chameleon’!
Long after this endless summer has gone
I’ll be lonely oh so lonely
Living only to remember you
I’ll remember too
Your voice as soft as the warm summer breeze
Your sweet laughter, mornings after
Ever after, I’ll remember you
To your arms someday I’ll return to stay
Till then I will remember too
Every bright star we made wishes upon
Love me always, promise always
Oh, you’ll remember too
I’ll remember you